The Ultimate Facebook Lead Generation Ads Cheatsheet
What is a Lead?
In marketing, one lead is equivalent to one person/organization interacting with your business or showing interest.
The lead becomes a prospect that you nurture to *convert* into a customer.
Now, there are many ways to generate those leads, but in this short cheatsheet, we will only focus on Facebook Lead Generation.
Facebook Lead Ads – What Are They?
Facebook Lead ads are the most straightforward and affordable way of collecting leads for your business.
Using an Instant Lead Form, you can collect contact information like name, email, phone number, etc.
Pre-populated forms means people can submit their contact information with ease, even on the small screen.
Lead ads do most of the work of filling in contact forms, so people are more likely to complete them, and as a result, there are fewer drop-offs and higher conversion rates.
To get higher-quality leads, customize your forms to ask for the most critical information first.
Newly generated leads can be synced directly with your CRM, so your sales team can immediately get in touch with them.
Lead ads can take many forms: quote or demo requests, newsletter subscriptions, event registrations, etc.
How Do Lead Ads Work?
Facebook Lead Ads relieve the need to land users on a landing page where they may or may not fill in the form.
Here’s how the flow works:
- User clicks on the ad and asks to continue (clicks on the CTAs like subscribe, Get a quote, Get offer, Sign up, Learn more, Download, Book now, etc.)
- Facebook leads the user to a pre-filled form that the user approves (clicks *submit).
- Facebook shares the information with the business to contact and nurture the lead.
What are the types of Facebook Lead Ads?
There are four basic types of lead ads:
- Standard lead ads
- Video lead ads
- Carousel Lead ads
- Lead ads with context cards
Facebook now allows generating leads in messenger through an automated series of question answers.
The user doesn’t have to type but pick from the answers to move to the next step.
What Information Does Facebook Auto-Capture?
Facebook already has a massive amount of data on each user. You can capture any of these instant form fields in your lead form:
- Email Id
- Job Title
How to Create Lead Ads?
Creating lead ads is as simple as using them. Here’s the general flow:
- Click *Create* in the Ads Manager in your Facebook business manager.
- Pick *Lead generation* from the list of objectives.
- Pick the page you’d like to run the lead ad for.
- Choose the right target audience, placements, budget, and schedule for running your ads.
- Pick your lead ad format/type.
- Fill in your creative and copy fields.
- Head to designing your form that would have the following sections:
- Form type
- Instant form fields
- Thank you screen
- Read, review, publish, and wait for Facebook’s approval to run the lead ad.
- Connect your lead form to your CRM, if you use one.
How To Use Lead Ads?
Here are some of the ways to leverage the power of lead ads:
- Get newsletter subscriptions
- Have more people sign up for a contest
- Get speed-avails for discounts/promotions/coupons
- Get your lead magnet downloaded
- Take more attendees in for a webinar
- Have more people inquire about an event/offer etc.
Want to Learn More? Book a FREE CALL with our Consultant Today!